Skip navigation |

Support for young people

Help and support for young people (18 or under)

young people

If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate danger you must call 999

If you have concerns about a child or young person's safety or wellbeing you can contact childrens services on 0208 921 3172

Young Peoples Services

The DAAT and Childrens Services have commissioned services which have been developed for young people (under 18s) and they can provide important information , advice and support for any young person who may be worried about their drug or alcohol use.

What's available

Advice, information and support is available through KCA Greenwich Young Peoples' Drug and Alcohol Service which is based at The Point; This is a one-stop shop for young people which can assist with a wide range of issues. KCA work in partnership with Greenwich council to provide specialist drug and alcohol support.

The Point offer advice and support with:

  • education
  • training
  • employment,
  • Housing options and support
  • personal development programmes
  • sexual health service
  • drug and alcohol support
  • positive activities
  • volunteering

For more information please look at the Greenwich Council website here


KCA Greenwich Young Peoples' Drug and Alcohol Service

The Point. 47 Woolwich New Road. SE18

Telephone: 0208 921 6907

Make a referral to KCA

If you wish to refer a young person for support with their substance use, please complete the KCA referral form. You can download a copy of the form here

What they do

KCA offer a confidential and free service for anyone 18 and under living in Greenwich

KCA work in the following areas:

    • Advice and information
    • Early Intervention
    • Groups i.e. Schools Colleges Youth Centres
    • Harm Reduction
    • Drug and Alcohol
    • One to One support
    • Targeted Youth Groups
    • Alternative Learning
    • High Risk Youth Groups
    • Community Events

    This includes:

    • Accurate information about drugs and alcohol their effects and other related issues
    • Advice about how to reduce the risks cut down or stop using drugs
    • An opportunity to talk through any decisions you want to make
    • One to one support for as long as necessary
    • Onward referrals to other specialist young peoples services that may be able to help you with other areas of your life such as school, college, work or home.

    Want to know more about KCA?

    If you would like more information about KCA please take a look at their website, just click on the logo:

  • click to go to KCA website

    Young People and Criminal Justice

    It can be difficult for young people and their families when either they, or their family members or someone they know, is involved in crime. Greenwich Council involves itself in iniatives and partnerships to prevent young people becoming involved in criminal activity and also provide advice and support for those who are. Have a look at the links below as they provide information which may be useful if you need to know about young people and criminal justice:

    Other support for Young People

    We know that there are many reasons as to why a young person may become involved in drugs and alcohol and many reasons for using. Often these reasons can be related to family, housing, relationships or emotional wellbeing and may lead to problems of homelessness, losing out on education opportunuties or even criminal behaviour.

    Below are a range of links which may be useful:


    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Greenwich DAAT website. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy policy.